Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Day I met my 1 and only.. MY OPRAH! Our fabulous event for the Oprah Winfrey Network O.W.N Staff. A Deliciously fun dessert bar & custom candy buffet bar





Hi Everyone & Hi My Oprah!!!
I personally can't believe I've waited nearly 5 days to post this blog entry on our Phenomenal event with my One and only... my OPRAH! We all have idols and people who inspire us right? Well Oprah Winfrey has long been the one person in this world who I truly hoped one day I would have the honor to meet in person. I mean c'mon- ask any member of my family what I said I wanted to be when I was little and they will tell you- a talk show host! I had my own theme song, dance and intro to my show which was called " Just Jackie" and it annoyed my brother beyond belief!  I admit it, I totally hoped I'd score tickets for one of those wild Christmas shows where Oprah gives the audience a trillion dollars in gifts and prizes and cruises and cars and I hyperventilate and pass out in her arms but in all honesty, the way I met Oprah was just perfect for me!

We received a call from a lovely Harpo staffer who was looking do something really fabulous and special for the staff at the new network Oprah is launching on 1.1.11 called OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.  We custom designed a tropical colored custom candy buffet & dessert bar with all the special bells & whistles. We had custom logos created for their gift boxes and our beyond wonderful & amazingly talented baker created some of the most beautiful cake pops and glam bite cupcakes ever! Our Hollywood Candy Girls, Brianna & Calyse had so much fun mingling with guests and serving up goodies and I nearly went into labor cracking up when the most amazing people in the room  were enjoying our treats and the girls were so busy to even realize who these people were! Such loyal, professional and hard workers my girls, and that's why I love them all so much! In reality, my girls are twenty somethings who are gorgeous and fun and should be at some amazing Hollywood Party on their Friday nights but instead, they hang with me and work and take care of my very pregnant self. That's loyalty! And I LOVE Loyalty!


So my personal Oprah moment went something like this... We are frantically setting up and serving in this beautiful room where guests were mingling and watching as we create our Sweet Paradise for them and the pressure was so ON! I look up and see Oprah's best friend Gail and I think to myself  " OMG- Hey Gail- I hope my lips are perfectly pink and covered in my favorite gloss ( it's kind of my signature) and I look OK being soooo pregnant knowing my Dr. just told me I could literally go into labor any second and I should NOT be working. Then all of the sudden someone behind me says " Wow, look at all this candy! This looks Great!" I turn around to acknowledge who ever said this and I say  "Thanks so much, that's so nice of you" and... IT'S OPRAH! In my face, eye to eye, I could smell her ( she smelled amazing, her make-up was perfection, her skin- just flawless and she gave me the nicest and warmest smile) She looks down at my belly bump that no one can miss these days and puts both hands on my tummy and pats it and says, " WOAH! Hey Little Mommy!"  I almost D*I*E*D! She called me little! Clearly, she was just being her caring & sweet self. The funny thing is that we do so many wonderful high profile events and work with really fabulous people and we always keep it professional and know that celebrities are really just like the rest of us and usually really nice and lovely people too. But meeting Oprah took my breath away, my eyes filled with tears and she blessed my baby who I have always known was going to be amazing but PLEASE- she has been Oprahfied, blessed by this amazing woman and we are now all forever connected! I have always been a big believer in believing in things so much so that they become a reality and it worked! I met her and it was amazing. Now if I could only score a show on her new network! I'm entertaining and our business is awesome & fun! Let's see if this "Secret" thing really works. I believe in it but if this happened then I'd just die and REALLY believe in it too! 


Enjoy the photos of this fantastic event & opportunity and always remember- the skies the limit!


xoxo,
Jackie " Candy Girl"


PS- Miss OPRAH! I live for you! When and if you read this post just know, I am very seriously contemplating changing the name of my baby from Isabella Calyse ( named after one of my sweetest candy girls) to Isabella Oprah.. My mom Say's I should totally do it. we'll see... ;-)










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails