Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's TLC' S Candy Queen Premier Eve and we're channeling Willy! WONKA that is...

Candy friends, fans & family,
You know, I'm often asked the same question over and over again... "So what made you start this whole candy thing?" I get that my business is kinda silly and people freakin' flip out over their love for C-A-N-D-Y and my business brings out the kid in us all so I think it makes what we do a little intriguing to some. My response is often all over the place ( kinda like me) .. I've dreamt of having a fabulously fun business since I was 7 years old and just wanted to work, I love events, people and parties. I love decorating & creating something out of nothing too. I actually created this business that way, creating SOMETHING out of NOTHING and did it without having ANYTHING! I'm so proud of all the hard work that's gone into this, lucky to work with such a lovely team who I love and share my life with and I realize.. This is OUR moment! ( * Insert that super slow-mo Chariots of Fire Theme Music Here and Include One Single Tear Drop Rolling Down Face So, So, Slow) There may have been a little foreshadowing that happened when I was that little seven year old too because as it happens, this clip below is of my most favorite movie of all time and all I remember is that my parents used to take me and my brother to the video store on Saturday's and let us pick out a video to watch while they were hosting weekend dinner parties for their friends that would last until 2 am!  I'd stay in their bedroom watching my old school Willy Wonka on VHS and I'd dream of licking walls in the hopes that they'd taste like cherry gum balls and just  like Charlie- I'd hoped that one day I'd also get my chance to hold onto a Golden ticket and be given just one shot by someone to make all my dreams come true.. There are moments in your life that will define you and although my life and who I am will most certainly never be defined by a TV show ( I am already very aware of who I am, super weird quirks,  massive imperfections and all) I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share a very special & fabulously fun business with the world to enjoy! No matter what happens, how long this thing lasts, where we go & what we do, I promise you one thing...

"Come with me and you'll be in a world full of pure I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N"- Willy Wonka


May tonights dreams be some of the sweetest you've ever had..
XoXo, Candy Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails